• Lo was nominated for the Goldenspirits Award from the Ubeda music festival in Spain for "Best Comedy Score".
• In-Store Signing with composers Mark Isham, Cliff Martinez, Christopher Lennertz and a few others at Dark Delicacies, in Burbank.
• Lo was nominated by the International Film Music Critics Association Award for BEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR A COMEDY FILM.
• Exclusive Interview on MuzikaFilmowa.pl
• Review of the BONE DRY CD release on Nicolandia. "treacherous, yet classy work"
• Randall Larson of BuySoundtrax.com posted a nice new review of "Lo".
• Comprehensive interview spotlight on The Daily Film Music Blog.
Currently scoring "The Legend Of Awesomest Maximus" for National Lampoon.
• Film Music Magazine has reviewd "Lo" as one of the March Picks. "LO stand above the satanic score pack"
- • MainTitles.net posted a review of "Lo" this week. "It is interesting, diverse and demanding"
• Jonathan Broxton posted a fantastic review of "Lo" on MovieMusicUK. "a surreal sense of timeless innocence".
• Review of the "Lo" CD on ReviewGraveyard. " just under an hour of breathtaking music".
• ScoreNotes posted a review of the CD of "Lo". "There is excellence to be found here".
• CD review of "Lo" on Jeff Hall's blog screensounds. "....pleasantly surprised at the quality of this score"
• CD release of LO on February 23, 2010 by Movie Score Media. Available on itunes, SAE and Amazon.com.
• Review of "LO" on RogueCinema.com.. "it's a funny and engaging little story".
• LO will be released on DVD February 9th. Pre-Order available on Amazon.com. CD following shortly.
• The first DVD review of LO on 28 days later.com. "Creative, unique, quirky and initially comedic"
• Review of LO at the Quiet Earth website. "Lo" easily stands out from the pack".
• TAKING CHANCES (starring Justin Long) is coming out by Lionsgate on DVD, Nov. 24.
• In-Store Signing at Dark Delicacies with many other well known composers for the book KEEPING SCORE and TOXIC.
• TOXIC CD review at KQEK.com "highly recommended" (Rating: Excellent - A)
• A review of the TOXIC CD by Randall Larson on Soundtrax - "a film noirish sensibility of somber elegance".
• Tom Hoover's book of composer interviews called KEEPING SCORE is now available on Amazon.
• TOXIC CD Review on Screensounds.com. More of a track description than a review.
• TOXIC CD released Oct. 6th, 2009 by Movie Score Media. Available on iTunes / Amazon now!
• LO won the audience choice award at Shriekfest 2009!
• Los Angeles Premiere of LO at Shriekfest 2009, October 1st-4th.
• GREAT CD review of The Gene Generation on SoundtrackDB.com
• The Movie LO has found US Distriubution with SKD. Movie will be released on DVD soon.
• Bridge To Nowhere (starring Ving Rhames) comes out on DVD Aug. 18th.
• The Gene Generation (called Code:Gene) hits Japan!
• Interview on CinefantastiqueOnline.com.
• Interview by Randall Larson on SOUNDTRAX.com covering the whole career.
• Romatic Comedy "Patriotville" has been renamed "Taking Chances" for foreign markets.
• The Gene Generation CD is a featured suite on ScoreNotes.com this week.
• Review of The Gene Generation CD on SoundsOfTheCinema "large and powerful, recommended"
• Instore CD signing in Burbank at DARK DELICACIES book store.
• Tracksounds.com is on it with the signing!
• THE GENE GENERATION is being released by Varese Sarabande on Tuesday, March 31st, 2009.
PREORDERS AVAILABLE NOW!
• Signed to score the film HOLLYWOOD & WINE (starring David Spade, Chris Kattan, et al).
• Finishing the score to both PATRIOTVILLE and THE BRIDGE TO NOWHERE.
• The score to the film LO (dir. Travis Betz) was mixed and finished. Watch for festivals!
__________________ 2008 NEWS ___________________
• WONDERFUL review of the BONE DRY CD by Michael Beek of Music From The Movies.
• Instore Signing at Dark Delicacies in Burbank on June 28th, 2008 at 2pm. Including other composers.
• TOXIC coming to DVD on July 8th. Electronic score featuring live sax and flute.
• THE GENE GENERATION is coming!!
• Review of HACK CD on MainTitles.net. "it indulges you into its listening experience."
• BONE DRY CD review on Jeff Hall's ScreenSounds blog. "Ominous, atmospheric score"
• A french review of the BONE DRY CD on MadMovies.com. "Atmosphere, power, audacity"
• The FIRST review of the BONE DRY CD on buysoundtrax.com. "Powerful stuff"
• THE GENE GENERATION comic was released this week. Get a feel for the movie before it comes out by checking out the pre-story in the comic. It is available from Bloodfire Studios. More info here.
PODCAST INTERVIEW on ScoreNotes.com
including a music "suite" from HACK!
Download mp3 (podcast)
• Hack CD review on Music from the Movies.com. "big and ballsy horror score"
• Review of the HACK CD on Movie-Wave.net. "makes you want to leap for joy." (4 of 5 stars)
• A French review of the HACK CD and DVD on Mad-Movies.com. "a very seductive technique"
• First (semi) review of the BONE DRY CD on Music From The Movies "Brittle-Sweet Symphony".
• BONE DRY to be released by Intrada records in late March. Featuring 72-minute of the score.
PREORDERS AVAILABLE NOW!
Here's a little review written by the album producer....
"Some secrets won't stay buried. So says the movie's tagline. Actually, we're still in production on BONE DRY but want to ensure our CD has some exposure now since the DVD is just hitting stores. BONE DRY is a desert-set thriller from Brett A. Hart and stars Luke Goss, Lance Henriksen and Dee Wallace. Scott Glasgow has written a very dramatic score. One of the really cool things he's done is he's composed these large, expansive harmonic ideas and written tinier little ideas within them. He's also used some really austere harmonies that enhance the barren landscape. In a few choice spots, Scott even incorporates some bi-tonal chords. Wow! And just to keep some human interest in the mix, he's created a very haunting minor-key line for piano that simmers just below the surface of his complex and involved score. And he even writes a large-scale "symphony" of sorts for the FILMharmonic Orchestra of Prague to help bring the entire score to a moving and dramatic close with."
from the "Doug's Corner" (Intrada).
• The HACK! CD is reviewed by Daniel Schweiger in Film Music Weekly (Feb. 26th 2008).
"..he’s got his own darkly thrilling voice that can evoke past chillers while remaining its sinister own."
• BONE DRY is released on DVD today. Available on Amazon and most retal places.
January 2008 (HAPPY NEW YEAR!):
• HACK DVD review on TerrorTube.com. "The music stands out: it is great!"
• BONE DRY premiere on Wed. Jan. 9th, 2008 at Raleaigh Studios, Hollywood.
• Inteterview with Brett Hart (director of Bone Dry) on Collider.com. Pg.2 mentions music.
• Voted one of the "Composers To Watch" in 2008 by Daniel Schweiger of Film Score Weekly.
Here is the FULL ISSUE of Film Music Weekly in PDF format.